The Hong Kong Paralympic Committee & Sports Association for the Physically Disabled (HKPC&SAPD) is the national member of International Paralympic Committee (IPC) with the vision of Enabling Hong Kong Paralympic Athletes to Achieve Sporting Excellence. With the introduction of the Elite Vote Support System for Disability Sports by the Hong Kong Sports Institute, the HKPC&SAPD is inviting candidates to apply for the post of Boccia Coach under the Pilot Scheme for Preparation for Indonesia 2018 Asian Para Games. The employment contract will end on 31 March 2019.
Boccia Coach (Contract)
- To assist the Head Coach to coordinate, design, and implement training programmes for elite athletes;
- coordinate, design, and implement training programmes for elite athletes;
- To ensure athletes of all levels are well managed and facilitated with utmost training environment;
- To monitor athlete performance through comprehensive, multi-method assessment and regular evaluation;
- To fully utilize and integrate scientific, medical and other athlete support services into the elite training programme to enhance elite training outcomes;
- To be responsible for administrative matters related to local and overseas squad training and competitions.
- University degree or higher education;
- Holder of national level coaching certificates or relevant accreditation;
- Over 3 years’ experience in coaching ;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Understanding of the local rehabilitation network for people with physical impairment;
- High level of computer literacy; and
- Awareness/ knowledge of Child Protection in sport and equal opportunity issue in the context of Hong Kong are an added advantage.
Salary will depend on qualification and related working experience. Annual leave, Mandatory Provident Fund and Medical Insurance will be provided.
Please send full resume with cover letter, current and expected monthly salary to The General Secretary, HKPC&SAPD (Address: Unit 141-148, G/F, Block B, Mei Fung House, Mei Lam Estate, Shatin, N.T.)
or email (firstname.lastname@example.org
) on or before 17 May 2018
For those who do not receive our reply after one month from the date of the application deadline should consider their applications unsuccessful.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Data collected will be used for recruitment and other employment-related purposes only.