The Hong Kong Paralympic Committee & Sports Association for the Physically Disabled (HKPC&SAPD) is the national member of International Paralympic Committee (IPC) with the vision of Enabling Hong Kong Paralympic Athletes to Achieve Sporting Excellence. The HKPC&SAPD is inviting candidates to apply for the post of Head Para Badminton Coach for the preparation of Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games and Hangzhou 2022 Asian Para Games. The appointed incumbent will be given initially a 2 years contract and renewable subject to performance achieved in the Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games.
- To oversee the planning, design, implementation and evaluation of the sport training programme in line with the agreed and competition aims of HKPC&SAPD;
- To recruit and lead a team of coaching staff;
- To ensure athletes of all levels are well managed and facilitated with optimal training environment;
- To prepare and manage the operation budget of the sport;
- To lead all regular strategic reporting to HKPC&SAPD;
- To ensure that all scientific, medical, education and other athlete support services are fully utilised and integrated into the sport programme to enhance elite training outcomes;
- To establish a systematic athlete development pathway from grassroots to elite.
- University degree or higher education;
- Holder of national level coaching certificates or relevant accreditation;
- At least 7 years’ experience in coaching;
- Substantial skill in overseeing the development of the sport from elementary level to elite level;
- Proven record in medal achievement in major international competitions;
- Demonstrated ability to utilise sports science and sports medicine to add value to the training and coaching process;
- Excellent interpersonal/ analytical/ evaluation/ planning skills;
- Competency in formulating and managing budget resource;
- Understanding of the local rehabilitation network for people with physical impairment;
- High level of computer literacy;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Applicant is required to submit a 4-year working proposal which should include the development of athletes in all levels, coaches and key targets on a 2-year and 4-year cycle. The proposal should be submitted together with the application.Benefits
Salary will depend on qualifications and related working experience. Annual leave, Mandatory Provident Fund and medical insurance will be provided.
Please send full resume with cover letter, current and expected monthly salary to The General Secretary, HKPC&SAPD (Address: Unit 141-148, G/F, Block B, Mei Fung House, Mei Lam Estate, Shatin, N.T.)
or email (firstname.lastname@example.org
) on or before 25 March 2019
For those who do not receive our reply after one month from the date of the application deadline should consider their applications unsuccessful.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Data collected will be used for recruitment and other employment-related purposes only.